Vanakam! I know you guys have been coming in and out wondering whether am I still alive. Well, partly I'm half dead and alive I'd say, after having a rollercoaster ride with this thing called burgers. You know I'm crapping. They are yummy though.
Anyway this is gonna be a long post about why I've gone missing. So, I'd suggest you watch some disney movies rather than to read this if you're not up to reading a novel. You know I'm crapping again. I can't even write a 500 word essay with proper grammar for nuts.
Rag ( Mid June- Early August )
Most of you might know that I was involved in this annual event called float or more known as rag. With flower cars (pun intended) parading the tracks of SRC accompanied by dancers, it is undoubtedly one of the most exciting event to look forward to every year.
So I was taking up rag directorship for my hall and it really gave me and opportunity to open up my eye to the management world. Wasn't as easy as I expected initially, as my experience in managing and playing leadership roles is zero. None of the successes of float will come by without the existence of my committed members whom I call them family.
Winning that shield there wasn't the main priority as I wanted my people to have a good experience with it. And we surely did. The opportunity to face that atmosphere again and the crowd, while putting up a good show for them was indeed enriching. Two months of brain-cracking, sweat, fatigue, conflicts, rants, body rolls ended up with tears, joy, and most importantly, a closer relationship felt among us.
Honestly, I still have that post-rag syndrome. Sometimes I feel like heading down to the workshop to cut some wood and cut some cans. Freaky, I know. But all is cured with our bi-weekly cup parties, hosted by our senior freshie, Sriram. Couldn't agree more how alcohol can rejuvenate your soul. Haha.
Anyways, a few photos from our 08/09 float. Picture speaks a thousand words like they say.


Blast SUAD ( mid Sept)
Approximately 4 weeks after float, there wasn't any break for me, literally. Had to attend rehearsels after rehearsels that were never ending. All hard work was well paid off during our performance of course. 3 shows were all sold out and we indeed, made the crowd's effort to make it over worth while.
One funny thing happened to me before the actual show. I sprained my ankle when i fell off the stage, and it was surely an utter embarassment not being able to walk and dance properly. Visited both physicians from the east and the west to seek for hasty treatment. That incident was really idiotic though, especially when its two days before the show.
All in all, I still managed to perform for all three shows without pulling back the slightest bit even with that injured leg-o-mine.
On top of that, me and Wei Ting had to host the show and frankly, I'm not fit to be an MC. Terrible at public speaking. Really. And the phobia of facing crowds. Guess I'll have to live through that move on. At least I've tried, hey.
What's next?
Overdued tutorials, datelines for project design, tamil proficiency training and mass web-casting sessions. Halloween, cup-parties,and dance improvements. More blog updates and work.
Those are the things that will haunt me for the next week. Hopefully I will not get too badly burned out, fingers-crossed.
Sunday, September 28
3 months missing
Farts at 1:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment