Tuesday, July 15

Essence of a leader part 1

Yes I know I've not been blogging for quite some time. Shall not elaborate further how busy and fatigue I've been for the past few weeks.

With the tune of Kiss The Rain of Billie Myers playing behind the background, I'm writing this post at a cozy corner in the dance studio. Been longing to write this post about how much I've humbly grown as a leader, follower and a friend. But I'll just stick to how we've been doing and how relationship aided me.

WARNING: Tommy is in a drowsy state. What's ahead may not be what has been intended.

The progress of float doesn't seem to turn out the way it was intended to be. Cockups, miscommunications and other problems that we could not forsee in the first place was one of the reasons. I admit that sufficient monitoring and proper organisation was not really applied in the first few weeks, resulting in a lot of changes in the structural department. Being the chairperson is indeed pressuring as decisions that might not please every single party has to be made. Time was in the expense for making such abrupt changes. And it is really difficult to judge whether these steps taken is worth it, given such a short period to decide.

On the other side, morale for the team wasn't at good state to say the least. With the screwed up working time, you have people working at odd hours, some which starts at 5pm and ends at a ridiculous 9am. The 5.10am symbol at my desktop is reminding myself that I should stop writing this post. Point is, some people will get discouraged whenever they have none to look up to when problems strike, moreover when it's 5am in the morning with only roaches and crickets accompanying you.

But of course, things are getting better lately. Directions are clear and spirit among the members are kicking back in again. Me and the EXCOs has been puttin in effort to direct everyone else back on track, which what was lacking. Bygones remains as bygones, we have more things to worry about ahead. Improvisation is really effective at this point of time. Reminds me that in the working world, things will not be as rigid as it seems.

What I truly treasure up to date is the power of relationship. I strongly believe that my journey for these few weeks wouldn't be an easy one if I didn't had friends who possess various strengths and most of em' are in good terms with me(Hopefully my instincts are right). Praise the lord for sending me people to look out for me throughout these period.

To the person that has feedbacked, screwed me without remorse while providing me those priceless advises, thank you so much for your will in guiding me. I shall seek to learn from you more on the essence to be a good leader. Its true, " A good follower determines a good leader".

To those who've sms-ed or even called just to say "how is the float", "how are you doing", or even offered to help, I feel grateful for your existance. My life is worth living for because of you.

Last but not least, to the people who's been following me along these windy journey, brace yourself. 4 more weeks and we shall see the fruit of your labour.

Okay, I think my consciousness level is dropping. Need to hit the sack. I have to wake up in another 4 hours. Fuck.

Hope for more updates soon.

Signing off,
Tommy Boss.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru