Thursday, May 29

Lady luck

Many of you might not know, I lost my passport when I was transiting from Singapore to KL. I didn't realised that until I reached Penang a few days ago. So, off I go to the police station to lodge a report, part of the procedures. And the next day, I know I needed to get a new passport because I have a job and my float team waiting for me in Singapore.

I had my passport made yesterday and my experience with the government service is indeed a horror. I first arrived in the Jabatan Imigresen of Malaysia early in the morning to get the appropriate forms and to do some enquiries. Was told to head to the dunno-wth-building to get a copy of my birth certificate. One thing really pisses me off is that, the lady who's supposed to print out my birth cert, asked me to go back in like 3-wtf-hours. I pursuaded and showed her how desperate I was in getting it done asap and guess what? She asked me to get it back in 45 minutes. WOAH, now that's a lot of difference right? I KNEW in the first place this procedure need not take such a long period, its just that these bloody brown homosapiens are plain lazy in executing their jobs. How can Malaysia improve with workers having such attitude? Wawasan 2020? Guess they'll have to push it forward to 2090 or something.

After getting all my ICs photocopied and my photo produced, I headed back to the immigration center to go through a 2-hour long statement review. I wonder when they will start to use computer, cos everything is still hand written! I see the kakak writing my statement I also can pening mampos I tell you. The kak told me that I need at least a month for it to be completed cos apparently the forms need to go throught 1098102983021983 departments. Guess I wont be back so soon to Singapore. Best part of the story, I found a summon on my windscreen when I walk my way into my car. Dammit.

ANYYHOOOO, I recieved a call from Joe Han this morning saying that his uncle,who is a bus dreber found my passport and the person is somewhere in Cameron Highlands. To my utter suprise, samaritans still exist in this world. Haha. Thank god and my lucky stars to be able to meet people like this. But then again, I still have to arrange a meeting with him to get my passport back. At least I don't have to pay an extra RM300 for a new one. Long story short, this lesson tells me to be extra careful with my belongings in the future. I should be thankful because I loose it in Malaysia instead of anywhere else. Afghan is the last place I'd wish.

1 comments:

Pei Yiing said...

Woot manz... O__O Of all places, your passport ends up in Cameron Highlands.

That's a real story to tell, especially to my parents who are in Camerons. Ok, maybe I don't have a good reason to tell them, but it's still a cool occurrence that involves good old Camerons. :P(the passport found part, not the passport lost part)

Too bad I'm not there, no? Otherwise, I can just help you with the collecting... Ahahhah. ^^;

Enjoy Camerons while you're there. XD

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru