Saturday, June 7

Touchdown

My journey to Malaysia has come to an end. 10 days just ain’t enough for those Nasi Goreng Tomyum, Segafredo, MOIS, and meeting up sessions.

One word can describe my life in Penang; laid back. Okay, that’s two words. Not many of my homies are back in the island yet so magazines, movies, and food are my best companion. And having a car for me to drive myself around eases the pain from travelling, albeit the jams have not improved much. The clubbing scene over here has yet to impress me. Standing crowds are so boring that they make politicians look good. So much for the huh-hah for MOIS.

The thing I couldn’t simply comprehend when I’m back here is my obsession for supper. Trying to maintain my health in Penang at an acceptable level is indeed, a difficult task. Oh, peer pressure applies here as well. I was very amazed by my 3 hour break in between meals. Things get out of control when I’m with Kean Jung. There seems to be a weird aura revolving around us when it comes to eating and err….Ok I shall stop here. Even money or time couldn’t halt our mission on a food escapade. Talk about indo mee + fried chicken craze.

The last three days were spent in KL which is not different from Penang. Food, shopping, traffic jam and friends, the usual crap. Such a pity some of my friends doesn’t own a car or a bike as travelling by public transport over here is madness. Having one isn’t so good after all cos occasionally you have to pick up the ones without it. You can start cursing when that person is staying at the other end of the world (Yes KJ, the arrow is pointing towards you) . Like it or not, it’s essential to own a car if you are living in the suburbs. Even the transport minister will take 1029310293 years to save your ass. Oh hail public transport Singapura.

Float is just 5 days away before it begins, part of the reason why I’m getting restless nights. To be frank, I wouldn’t go thus far without the help of my committee. I wouldn’t be surprised if NUSSU is cursing me now without my Singapore mates.

Need to gain back some momentum when I reach Spore. Lazyness and fats, goodbye! Hello WOW, BLAST!, FLOAT and never ending stress!

1 comments:

eunicetan said...

food is unavoidable. le sigh.

ditto o hail public transportation singapura lol. rapid penang was a worse disappointment than i've ever expected it to be.

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru