Monday, October 8

Act of Random Kindness

Watched a very inspirational movie called 'Evan Almighty' which is somewhat similiar to 'Bruce Almighty'. Except that, the movie is lead by Steve Carell & Morgan Freeman. Not familiar to you? think of '40 year old virgin'. Yup, that's the fella. ;)

The story is about God asking Evan Baxter to build an ark to prepare for a huge flood (which is caused by a failure of a dam).
Evan prayed to god hoping that he would change the world. And so god granted his wish, by giving him a task which is to build that ark to save the people and animals in that town before disaster strikes upon them.

Sounds like a boring movie eh?Well its not too bad cos this story contains lots of comedy elements and some well-trained animals to spice up the movie. This are the parts which i found amusing:

  • Evan suddenly found his hair growing and beard growing at a rapid pace, and no matter how much he shaves it,it'll grow to it's original length eventually. Leaving him without any choice, he tied is hair and his beard up(pony-tail lookalike) and went to his workplace. At a very shocked state his secretary went, " You have a pony tail on your face, what you gonna do next, corn-row your eyebrows? ". I laughed so hard til i got butt-cramps.
  • I'm gonna get corn-rows too.Dang

  • Rita: Look, I go to church every Sunday. [Evan doesn't believe her] Rita: I go every "other" Sunday. [Evan still doesn't believe her] Rita: Alright, but I "have" been to church!
What i find interesting is a quote from Morgan Freeman(God) : "When someone prays for patience,does He gives him patience? Or does He gives him the oppurtunity to be patient?".
More often than not, we ask things without earning it don't we? It's a quote that I think its worth pondering.

Why would God ask him to build that ark? Evan once prayed that he wants to change the world. God answered his prayer by telling him : "one single Act of Random Kindness at a time". Thou I don't see how the building of the ARK relates to that statement, but I still feel that implies to our daily lives doesn't it? I've came across the bible saying that 'if one gives to the people,god will return it to him ten-fold'. Or something similiar to that.

So start acting now, with kindness of course!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is my favorite movie!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru