Friday, October 12

Small world it is. Indeed.

Today i had my weekly lab experiment. I'm supposed to deal with Thermodynamics today. I was paired up with a person whom i don't know at all to execute the experiment. This experiments consists of 10 minutes of calculation and 1 hour of waiting. It was damn boring. Seriously.

To kill time, I had a get-to-know chat with my partner. This apparently is from northeast india, don't really remember what's the name of his state thou. After that, I introduced myself and drew the map and showed him which part of Malaysia I am from.

*Lab tutor walks to my place and saw my drawing*
Tutor: Hey which part of Msia ya from?
Me: Oh I'm from penang.
Tutor: Yo homie, I'm from penang too,i call seberang perai home man.
Me: For real?
*shows me the card with "kad pengenalan malaysia" imprinted on it*
Me: Oh dawg, thats dope man. What a small world!

He's a 25year old indian chap who did his degree in UTM and continued to pursue his PHD in NUS. We had a lil' conversation talking about our country. Suddenly we diverted ourselves into the latest issue that isn't unfamiliar to us. Yes, its about Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar. For those who don't know, he is the first malaysian to set into space.

Tutor: You know what, that fella says he's gonna try to do the 'teh tarik' in outer space.
Me:*laughs* Well, i guess getting his ass there would be good enough to boost his popularity. Not suprised that he will be given a datukship when he gets back. And the whole malaysia will be talking and boasting about him
Tutor: For 1 week only,that is.
Me: Hahahaha
Tutor: I heard he is attempting to be the first msian to eat roti canai and nasi kandar in outer space.
Me: HAHAHAHA*The whole class is looking at me at this point.So embarassing but wtf*

That guy is really hilarious.Seriously.

I personally think all these bullshit is really a waste of time and money.I dont mind if the you-know-who is spending money on things that is practical (ie your KLCC) to boost the country's name,and best part is its gonna be there for the next 30 years at least. But to send a person to space to pick up rocks?

Anyways.. its a great oppurtunity when one gets to meet people from elsewhere,better still when u meet ur 'kind' in somewhere foreign. Speaking with him with some tamil words in btw (after being trained by Varun) really sparks the nostalgic feeling in me. I really miss home, friends, family and 'lucky' back in penang. I pray i'll be back soon aite,homies?

Anyway, tonight is a big night for me. I'll be emcee-ing my Hall's production. To be honest it's my first time. I'll chop off my bal...finger if i say im not nervous. I promised Raffli that I would help him our with the cast during the term but I didn't do much comparitively with the seniors who toiled day and night just to teach them the techniques of acting,projection, characterization and all that's related. My most sincere apologies to you ,Raffli. Being the emcee and announcer is the least i can do for you. And i'm looking forward to tonights musical.

Time to get changed and take on the stage!

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru