Friday, December 26

All I want for Xmas is.....


Christmas this year for me is much different compared to the previous years. When you start to age, you start to put those gurney plaza/orchard gathering where people scream the numbers to 12am, foam spraying and expensive meals, behind you. Xmas is all about sharing quality time with loved ones, exchanging gifts, and lotsa lotsa beer. The latter is not the utmost important one, of course.

Christmas Eve

The boys and me headed out to JB on eve to get some cheap (relatively) meals and movie. Lunch at Secret Recipe was superb, knowing that they serve one of the better cakes in the region. My macaroni and cheese wasn't too bad as well, but I hope the portion can be larger next time. Llyod, Jessen, Luv, Cai Fong, Jasvind and me finished up lunch with different brownies each, contradicting with what most people would take such as the marble cheese cake, ny cheese cake and etc.


CF and Llyod on the cover of Cleo


Macaroni and hobbit prawns


Vienna Brownie


Later after that, we caught Jim Carey's "Yes Man" at Cathay City Square. I'd say that it's a pretty nice movie although Carey didn't showcase his talents much on facial manipulation. Haha. The story is about him learning how to say yes to things instead of turning people down. That includes saying yes to an old grandma wanting to give you a *cough*blowjob*cough*. Yes, it did happened in that movie. Sorry for the spoilers. Moral of the story isn't that though. The movie is trying to tell us to say yes to our lives, accepting every challenge and barriers that will open up oppurtunities elsewhere. I would strongly recommend you to catch that movie, best when you're feeling blue.

During dinner at Kim Gary, we had time to kill so we we're drawing a potrait while waiting for our food to arrive. The paper was passed around and we had to contribute a drawing each. The end product isn't for those conservative ones out there. Tell me if you like it. I don't, cos' I can't draw for Michaelangelos' sake.

The Da Vinci's of Mauritius

Our masterpiece, or not


We ended the day by spending time in my room downing a few chivas and watching Love Actually by Hugh Grant and another few British stars whom I can't name. Watching it with 4 other boys isn't the most ideal scenario for christmas. But, what the heck, xmas is all about spending time with people around you ain't it? =)

Christmas

A few of us were invited to Cindy's place for BBQ with her family and friends at Woodlands. Most of us were terrorised with so much food until I felt that my shorts shrunk from 32 to 28. The thing about having bbq with family is that you'll get a good balance of poultry, seafood, pasta, vegetables, fruits, and drinks. When's it's just organized by friends alone, all you'll have is meat, meat, and meat. Heck, men are natural carnivores anyway.

I loved spending my time there with her wacky family and friends. One of the time I actually felt close to home. Probably I've been isolating myself in hall too much. Apart from the heavy, traumatizing meal I had, it's definitely one of the more memorable xmas I've ever had. Nothing beats family and a good meal at home at an ocassion like this. That's all I wanted for this xmas. Probably a nice partner next year eh. Can't wish for too many at a time.

How about yours?


0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru