Wednesday, March 26

Post-concert period


The vain boy

I was quite reluctant to blog for the past few days. Partly its because I'm lazy and I'm not in the mood to do so. For the 1st three weeks of March, my schedule was as packed as a can of sardine. Looking at the markings on my calendar, it really gives me a sense of relieve knowing that now I'm at the 4th week.

Last friday's Dance Uncensored 2008 marks the end of my hall activity for the current semester. Going through this concert allows me to venture into different techniques and style of dances. Many thanks to Penny and Xiao for giving me the opportunity to dance in their item. I have really learnt a lot in terms of skills and development of attitude and the characteristics of a dancer.

My first item was about 7 guys in a toilet. Me and Kelvin had to play a gay scene where both of us was looking at each other eye to eye, dancing to the tunes of 'A Whole New World'. As the chorus came, the crowd went crazy when both of us flew in the air (carried by KLFs of course),orbiting the stage. The climax of the item is when 'The Enormous Penis' song was played. Folks, go listen to the song at youtube and you'll know why we made the audience go ROTFLOLCOMACBB. Imagine us doing obscene moves (nut grabbing and all that) together with the song.


It's your parent's fault we have to wear this

For Penny's item, it's a totally different mood which I have to characterised as compared to Xiao's crazy, whacky 80's setting. The lyrical hip-hop parts was easy but I find it a bit difficult to catch up with the contemporary parts. A lot of techniques are required in this dance. For someone who is new to this genre, a lot more has to be done in order to improve. I was considering to go to Studio Wu to take up jazz classes if time and money doesn't forbid.



Penny's emo boys


I wanna give thanks to these people:

1) E-Stylez for your encouraging support and flowers.
2) Celine and Esther for the Thomas and Friends Tikam Machine!
3) Cheesy Georgy for the Gummy Bears!
4) Our fellow Rafflesian's who didn't hesitate to come and support us.
5) Xiao and Penny for your patience and time spent for our endless and gruesome practices
6) Liren, Joo Teng, Kelvin, Erwin for sharing all those crazy moments together.
7) The rest of the dancers for making this, another memorable concert.



RH dancers


E-Stylez and a Yuko.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru