Dear diary,
I had one of the most magnificent time today. I couldn't ask more for such
a sizzling hot date to make my day. Although its been a few months since we've
met, I sense a strong chemistry between us. The dinner that we had in "Club 10"
at ITE will leave a mark in my memory forever,and ever. Do i see love blossoming
in the air?
XOXO,
Tommy boy.
If you were wondering still, that hot date is actually my grandma,seriously. Today wasn't another family-get-together session, but Grandma's bday! I just got to know her not long ago when my aunt invited me to her place for dinner. *Takes a deep breath*She's actually my mom's sister-in-law's mother's brother-that-sells-chicken-soup's mia sister. *Pheww*. Hmmm..still can be considered as grandma la huh?
Approximately 10 of us young ones filled one table and the other 10 of the antiques filled another. Quite uncomfortable at first cos I'm not really familiar to them except for 3 or 4. But, honestly speaking they are very friendly to me. Or should i say, they treat me as one of their family members. They are fun, easy-going and wacky ,seriously. I've never seen a family suan-ing/bombarding each other so much before,in a jokingly way of course. I guess that's the reason why they are so well-bonded together. How i'd wish that i'm THAT close to my brothers cos I feel bonding is essential for family harmony and for one to stay strong.
And dinner was great! There was shark fin's soup, lobsters,fish, crabs and best of all: bee-hoon! Woo Hoo! The lobster was delicious but the downside is the amount of flesh it has. Seriously, its only 1/5 of its body size and the head is empty. Gosh, lobsters must be very dumb. In the contrary the size of the crab is enormous! I remember spending like 10 mins on the claws which is as HUGE as my...ermm..palm.Yeah. Generally speaking I think the food is quite nice. Together with the company,its just plain perfect.
Later then, we had a photo-taking session before ah-ma tries to blow all the candles. I symphatise her in a way cos the amount of candles increases every year, meaning that she has to blow out more air and in general people, gets weaker as they age. But this 75-year-old ain't your ordinary-next-door grandma alright. She's as strong as Jay Cutler(find out in Wikipedia if you have to) man.
It was a very memorable evening, getting to spend time with your family members, albeit not so close and yet so close. One of my aunt's brother says that he warmly welcomes me to join any gathering in times to come. Hell, i'd surely be glad to join you peeps too! Guess that there's more people that God wants me to meet, and learn how to cherish not only families but people around me as well.
LIFE IS GOOD. so are crabs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment