A little bit of what I wanna share through my cell group meeting today:
What is the meaning of 'Inner Life' to you?
Some people take their personal space and time alone doing their personal thoughts, or more usually the reflections on their life. There are many interpretations of inner life to various people.
For me, spirituality is the inner core of our manifested life. When the term 'spirit' is mentioned,it doesn't mean its looked upon in a religious way. Spirituality teaches us the real value of life and its the essence in every one of us!
As a Christian there's a few questions that we have to ask ourselves.
DEVOTION: How is your intimacy with god?
INTERIOR MOTIVATION: Why do you do what you do?
PREOCCUPATION: What are you busy with?
CONTEMPLATION: What are you thinking about?
RESTORATION: What is your emotional, physical and spiritual reserve level?
Basically, I'm a new-born Christian and I don't deny that I'm still not very fond to HIM. However, i do seek Him at times whenever it comes to making any decisions or facing any circumstances. I believe that making Him the center of my life helps me to build a closer relationship with Jesus and He will nurture my inner life.
More often than not, I believe every one of us tend to do things the 'touch and go' style. Do we actually learn or reflect from the things that we have achieved? Taking a simple example, most of the time I rush through my tutorial works just to 'complete' it when it is supposed to develop our minds to think in a critical manner.
Just like a full scrap paper, we would write down the agendas of our life on the piece of paper. Instead of just writing down all the things that are going to be done, I guess we should draw the margin of reflections on the side as well. In our events of our daily lives for example, we should take some time and think through what are the values that can be learned and the message God wants to convey to us. As the saying goes, " We're all a student in life". So make life as a learning process rather than a routine!
What is the meaning of 'Inner Life' to you?
Some people take their personal space and time alone doing their personal thoughts, or more usually the reflections on their life. There are many interpretations of inner life to various people.
For me, spirituality is the inner core of our manifested life. When the term 'spirit' is mentioned,it doesn't mean its looked upon in a religious way. Spirituality teaches us the real value of life and its the essence in every one of us!
As a Christian there's a few questions that we have to ask ourselves.
DEVOTION: How is your intimacy with god?
INTERIOR MOTIVATION: Why do you do what you do?
PREOCCUPATION: What are you busy with?
CONTEMPLATION: What are you thinking about?
RESTORATION: What is your emotional, physical and spiritual reserve level?
Basically, I'm a new-born Christian and I don't deny that I'm still not very fond to HIM. However, i do seek Him at times whenever it comes to making any decisions or facing any circumstances. I believe that making Him the center of my life helps me to build a closer relationship with Jesus and He will nurture my inner life.
More often than not, I believe every one of us tend to do things the 'touch and go' style. Do we actually learn or reflect from the things that we have achieved? Taking a simple example, most of the time I rush through my tutorial works just to 'complete' it when it is supposed to develop our minds to think in a critical manner.
Just like a full scrap paper, we would write down the agendas of our life on the piece of paper. Instead of just writing down all the things that are going to be done, I guess we should draw the margin of reflections on the side as well. In our events of our daily lives for example, we should take some time and think through what are the values that can be learned and the message God wants to convey to us. As the saying goes, " We're all a student in life". So make life as a learning process rather than a routine!
Brothers and sisters of Christ
0 comments:
Post a Comment